Saturday 6 April 2013

Chapter 1


Amnesia, monster and explosion.


     "Who am I, why am I here?", I questioned myself as I try to stand up. Damn, my head was throbbing. What happened? What in the world was I doing? Amidst all the confusing thoughts, something sparkly caught my attention; there was a dagger beside me. It looked like a normal dagger except the handle of the dagger were embedded with a blue gem. Out of curiosity, I bit the gem to check if it's real. Good gods, it's real! Does it worth a lot of gold? Still, this dagger felt so familiar. Was it mine? Nevertheless, I kept the dagger with me.

     As I checked my surroundings, I noticed that I wasn't alone. There were 5 people around me. Everyone seemed as puzzled as I was. I quickly approached the elf nearest to me to ask if he knew what happened. He didn't give me a proper answer and went back to investigate his crossbow. Weird enough, his crossbow is embedded with a blue gem too... All of a sudden, the half-elf ranger seemed terrified and drew out his bow. I unconsciously reacted by doing the same.

     After I took a deep breath, it seemed clear to me now why he and the naked human monk felt so terrified. I mean, how can I not notice?! We were in a crater filled with undead creatures and skeletons! The skeleton bones behind me started arranging itself and stood up. It even started to attack me. I tried to take him down with my dagger but it was unavailing. My stabs and slices were too weak to break the bones. While all of this were happening that good-for-nothing human cleric started scolding the cute halfing. What in the world? There is a time for everything and now is definitely not the time for that! Speaking of which, how dare he insults such a lovely girl!

     After a few rounds of exchanging hits, the human cleric started chanting something with his fist held high. All I could heard was "Pahbeebee" was repeated few times in the chant. Suddenly, the monsters started backing off. Finally, the human cleric is doing something useful! That gave us opportunity to deal some ranged damage to the monsters. While we were busy trying to take them down, more and more monsters started "waking up". We can now see that this is hopeless, the number of monsters kept on increasing. So our best choice of solution was to run away from the crater.

     During our desperate attempt to escape, wizards in red cloak and blue cape appeared out of nowhere! They saved us by killing all the monsters with flashy spells. Wow, so that's what a mage can do. Unlike the elf mage we have here... Apparently, they were here to investigate an explosion that created this crater. They also told us the nearest town is located to the west. We thanked the wizards and left the crater.

    A town huh? I hope I can discover something about myself there...

No comments:

Post a Comment